Today is Veteran’s Day, a time when we honor our military for serving our country. We thought it would be a perfect time to announce that Fusion will be collecting personalized holiday cards for distribution to veterans, military families and active-duty service members. Imagine the joy doing this simple act of kindness will be!
We are accepting cards until Dec 3rd and then we’ll mail them en masse to the Red Cross, who will deliver the cards at various hospitals and installations around the world. We also have blank holiday cards available at Fusion for you to fill out.
Below are some guidelines provided by the Red Cross. Don’t worry about envelopes, we just need holiday cards. 🙂 Hope you can drop by!
Card Writing Guidelines:
• Ensure that all cards are signed.
• Use generic salutations such as “Dear Service Member.” Cards addressed to specific individuals can not be delivered through this program.
• Only cards are being accepted. Do not send or include letters.
• Do not include email or home addresses on the cards: the program is not meant to foster pen pal relationships.
• Do not include inserts of any kind, including photos: these items will be removed during the reviewing process.
• Please refrain from choosing cards with glitter or using loose glitter as it can aggravate health issues of ill and injured warriors.